ENERGY AND NATURAL RESOURCES
EVERLEGAL team is particularly well known for its Energy and Natural Resources practice. We have advised our clients on a broad range of matters in Oil&Gas, conventional power and renewables (particularly solar, wind and small-scale hydro power generation projects).
Our team has significant experience of working with international law firms and consultancies. We have a broad network of relations in the Kazakhstan Oil&Gas and Rower sectors.
Our lawyers' recent representative experience includes advising:
- Advising the Ministry on Investments and Development of Kazakhstan in preparation of the new Subsoil Use Code of Kazakhstan.
- Advising Kazzinc LLP, the biggest producer of zinc in Kazakhstan, in acquisition of Zhairemskiy GOK (mining and processing plant) in Kazakhstan.
- Advising Iluka Resources, one of the biggest Australian mining holding company, in formation of a joint venture in Kazakhstan.
- Advising a major foreign oil and gas company on legal implications of joint processing and selling of crude oil and gas;
- Advising international oil and gas and service companies on various aspects of bringing foreign personnel to Kazakhstan, structuring thereof, including with elements of secondment, direct hiring, agency arrangements etc.;
- Advising on IP matters, including tax and legal regulation of the transfer of rights to copyright objects and qualification of payments therefor.
- Assistance to multinational oil and gas companies in M&A deals and internal restructuring, including advising on various subsoil use, anti-trust, corporate and securities regulation matters, review of restructuring and M&A documentation, tax and legal structuring and applicability of regulatory consents and approvals.
Mukhtar Nurzhigitov heads the Energy and Natural Resources practice at EVERLEGAL Kazakhstan.