We support the clients’ HR functions in various HR related matters, including:
- Advising on various matters of labor and migration laws and regulations;
- Review of HR processes and documentation for compliance with Kazakhstan law
- Advising and legal support in problematic dismissals
- Legal support in labor disputes
- Complex (legal and tax) structuring of bringing foreign labor force to Kazakhstan and sending them abroad
- Legal assistance in preparing labor documentation, policies and procedures, contracts etc.
We are often approached by clients in relation to termination of employment relations with the client’s employees in different contexts: termination of employment of directors and head of branches/representative offices, regular employees, persons who qualify as protected categories of employees. In all cases, we provide a tailored plan with an analysis of possible grounds of termination, documentation required, participate along with the client in meetings with employees and provide an online legal support in the course of the entire process of termination.
As a result, we ensure full compliance with Kazakhstan labor law requirements and allow our clients to avoid potential labor disputes, administrative, civil and criminal liability.
Our lawyers' recent representative experience includes advising:
- Advising a range of international pharmaceuticals companies in relation to termination of employment contracts with the head of their local office, including analysis of possible grounds for termination, drafting documents based on different grounds, and representing the client and participation along with the client in termination meetings.
- Advising a major oil and gas company in relation to a potential staff reduction, possible grounds for termination taking into account protected categories of employees, individual specifics of employment contracts of each employees, development of a separate action plan in relation to each category of employees, correspondence with government authorities and the trade union in relation future release of a number of employees, drafting documents and online support to the client at the termination meetings.
- Review of HR documentation and processes of an international oil and gas service company to ensure internal compliance, preparing report and recommendations to cure violations and increase efficiency.
- Advising an international oil and gas servicing company in relation to tax and legal implications of bringing foreign personnel to Kazakhstan, drafting documentation within the structure chosen by the client;
- Advising and legal support to an international bank acquiring retail business of anther bank, including analysis of labor aspects of the transfer of assets – transfer of employees, change of working conditions taking into account protected categories of employees and individual specifics of employment contracts of each employees, development of an action plan, drafting documents for the transfer and termination of employment with certain employees and online support to the client in the course of implementation.
- Representing a range of foreign oil and gas service companies and pharmaceuticals companies in various labor disputes.