From time to time most businesses face a conflict or a dispute with a supplier, client, regulator or even a business partner. Such situations can be quite disruptive and damaging for the business and their quick and effective resolution can become its key challenge. This is why our task is to help our clients to resolve their conflicts and disputes expeditiously, minimising their impact on the business and achieving the favourable results for our clients.
Our clients come from a variety of industries such as agriculture, commercial real estate, consumer goods, pharmaceuticals, financial institutions, automotive and some others. Our team of seasoned dispute resolution lawyers has a proven record of accomplishment in successfully representing the clients in litigation and arbitration proceedings, in out-of-court settlements and during audits and investigations, both in local and cross-border matters.
Our Dispute Resolution team handles a broad range of matters with the primary focus on tax, commercial, corporate, and employment disputes. We also have dedicated lawyers who specialise in rehabilitation and bankruptcy proceedings.
We are often asked to act as a second opinion adviser on strategy for resolution or mitigation of adverse impact of particularly complex disputes.
The clients trust us with their high-stakes “must-win” cases.
Our lawyers' recent representative matters include advising:
- Representing a number of agricultural companies in rehabilitation proceedings initiated by creditors, including drafting court documentation, preparing the rehabilitation plan and legal support in the course of the rehabilitation of companies
- Representing the Ministry of Energy of Kazakhstan in international arbitration in relation to energy assets in Kazakhstan.
- Representing a Kazakhstan investor in international arbitration in relation to oil and gas assets in Kazakhstan.
- Representing a Kazakhstan investor in a corporate dispute with the business partner in relation to a breach of a shareholders agreement.
- Representing a number of oil and gas service companies in tax litigation in relation to zero-rate VAT application.
- Representing an international oil and gas company in a commercial dispute against another oil and gas producer in relation to migration of oil in the neighboring area.
- Representing a range of foreign oil and gas service companies and pharmaceuticals companies in various labor disputes.
Mukhtar Nurzhigitov heads the Dispute Resolution practice at EVERLEGAL Kazakhstan.