CORPORATE AND M&A
We advise our clients on complex M&A deals, both domestic and cross-border, from heads of terms and due diligence to completion and post-completion integration. Our team has experience advising both local and international corporations, banks, private equity funds and international financial institutions.
In addition to transactional advice, we also regularly provide corporate law advice to our clients.
Some of our lawyers' representative transactions include advising:
- Advising an individual investor in connection with acquisition of RBS Bank Kazakhstan (a subsidiary of Royal Bank of Scotland Plc).
- Assistance to Iluka Resources, one of the biggest Australian mining holding company, in formation of a joint venture in Kazakhstan.
- Legal support of JSC Eurasian Bank in connection with acquisition of BankPozitiv Kazakhstan.
- Legal support of JSC Eurasian Bank in connection with acquisition of a 100% participation interest in ProstoKredit LLP (a subsidiary of Societe Generale Bank in Kazakhstan), and in subsequent integration of business processes of the two companies.
- Assistance to Kazzinc LLP, the biggest producer of zinc in Kazakhstan, in US$ 260 mil acquisition of Zhairemskiy GOK (mining and processing plant) in Kazakhstan.
- Advising an international private equity fund in a potential acquisition of biggest electric power transmission company in Kazakhstan.
- Advising an international private equity fund in a potential acquisition of an agricultural business in Kazakhstan.
- Legal support to JSC ForteBank in the first in Kazakhstan triple merger of JSC Alliance Bank, JSC Temirbank and JSC ForteBank.
- Legal support to JSC Transmashdiesel, a subsidiary of a major Russian railway company, in formation of a joint venture with General Electric and JSC Kazakhstan Temir Zholy for the manufacturing of diesel engines.
- Legal support to a U.S. oil and gas company in US$ 70 million acquisition of shares in a Kazakhstan oil and gas company.
- Legal assistance to Kazakhstan Municipal Systems in connection with a potential acquisition of Mangistau Electric Power Transmission Company JSC.
- Legal support for the creation of a subsidiary of a major foreign bank in Kazakhstan, obtaining a status of a bank holding and a major participant of the bank.
- Legal support of a consortium of foreign investors in the transfer of 10% shares in a major Kazakhstan oil and gas project.
- Advising an international pharmaceuticals company and a major oil and gas company in the course of an internal restructuring and consolidation of its assets in Kazakhstan.
Mukhtar Nurzhigitov heads the Corporate and M&A practice at EVERLEGAL Kazakhstan.