BANKING AND FINANCE
Almost every business reaches a point when it needs to attract both external and internal financing. We guide our clients through complex financing transactions, both domestic and cross-border, providing them with the legal service that reflects our market expertise, understanding of the client’s business needs and innovative thinking of our lawyers.
Our team has experience advising both lenders, such as banks and IFIs, and borrowers, such as local and international businesses spanning across various sectors. We assist clients with project finance, asset finance, acquisition finance, real estate finance and other financing matters.
Our regulatory experts advise clients on banking and other financial services regulatory issues, exchange controls, compliance issues, etc.
In addition to transactional and regulatory advice, our experienced dispute resolution team represents both lenders and borrowers in financing related disputes.
Some of our lawyers' representative experience include advising:
- Advised a syndicate of international investment banks in US$ 1,5 billion bond offering by JSC National Company KazMunaiGas.
- Led the project on advising JSC KazTransOil in the first Peoples IPO in the Republic of Kazakhstan. Amount of the deal - US$ 200 million.
- Advised a syndicate of international investment banks in US$ 700 million bond offering by JSC National Company Kazakhstan Temir Zholy.
- Led the project on advising an international private equity fund in acquisition of an agricultural business in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Advised a syndicate of international investment banks in US$ 2 billion bond offering by JSC Development Bank of Kazakhstan.
- Legal support for the creation of a subsidiary of a major foreign bank in Kazakhstan, obtaining a status of a bank holding and a major participant of the bank.
- Legal support in the securitization transaction in relation to a Kazakhstan bank, including creation of a special financial company, issuance and placement of CDO, assistance in the activities of the special financial company, support of mandatory reporting of the special financial company to the National Bank of Kazakhstan and the CDO holders, legal support in the buy-out of CDO and holding the general meetings of the CDO holders.
- Assisting Kazakhmys Plc in listing on the Hong Kong Stock Exchange, including conducting due diligence, producing a legal opinion, advising on various structuring and regulatory approval matters, drafting Kazakhstan part of the IPO prospectus.
Mukhtar Nurzhigitov is the head of the Banking and Finance Practice at EVERLEGAL Kazakhstan.